Re-inventing Warehouse Storage
Zone1Warehouses (Z1W) is a secure web-platform that connects Product Owners and Warehouse Operators in a secure trading relationship that gives both parties visibility and transaction control of product stored in warehouses.
Businesses that connect directly to their customers through the web create a barrier to entry for competitors.
Consider Uber. They’ve changed the way people utilize taxicab-like services and the Cab companies don’t stand a chance. Uber connects directly to the fare-paying customer before the “fare” even walks to the curb. Amazon connects to their customers in their home or office before there is a chance for the local retailer to even present his products from his store.
Z1W gives this type of advantage to your warehouse storage business.
Web-connect to YOUR Customers
Z1W lets you “web-connect” to your customers as an extension of their business processes. This means you move upstream in the process and capture the customer’s transaction before your competitors even have a chance.
How it works
In your warehouse(s) you connect an HP “e-Print” Printer to your WiFi. Then you simply enter printer’s email address into the Z1W site. That’s it. Your printer is connected and ready to go. No complex IT infrastructure or support required. Amazing.
Next, you load inventory quantities for each warehouse into the system. Now you’re ready to manage everything.
Let’s say your customer needs to ship product from your warehouse to one of their customers. There are two ways this can happen:
- You can initiate the order with Z1W or;
- Your customer initiates the order by accessing the Z1W portal, which is branded with your company’s logo.
Either way, the next steps are easy.
You or your customer selects the products, quantities and the ship-to location and presses “Ship”. Instantly the Magic-Printer(s) in the selected warehouse prints the picking list, packing list and delivery label. (Picking can also be done with Scan-guns instead of paper. See sidebar.)
The warehouse staff then uses the pick/ship documents (or scan gun) to pick and ship the product. Automatically, inventory is updated, tracking logs are created, shipping documents are prepared and the product is on its way. No emails, no faxes, no phone calls, no stock-status checks required. All of the traditional complexity is simply eliminated and doesn’t exist.
But what DOES exist is a complete online audit trail of everything that happened. Time, dates, and staff actions are all logged automatically, giving all stakeholders visibility into every detail.
Restocking products to the warehouse is just as easy. The “Re-stock” function is selected then the products and quantities needed are entered. If your customer originates the restock order a Picking/Packing form prints on their own Magic-Printer. The product is shipped to your warehouse and the Picking/Packing Form is included with the shipment.
When the shipment arrives at your warehouse; the Picking/Packing Form Number is entered (or scanned) into Z1W by the warehouse receiving staff. This number automatically references the shipment details and creates and prints a Put-away Form complete with the exact product and quantity details and the correct warehouse location for storage (scan guns are optional).
The quantities are verified “received” and if any adjustments are needed they are noted in the system by the receiving staff. You instantly see and discrepancies at your end and can take immediate action to resolve any problems. However the vast majority of the time, there are no discrepancies because the items are “tied-out” inside the Z1W platform; the product simply flows into warehouse inventory without the possibility of data-entry errors. You can monitor it all from wherever you’re located, in real-time as it happens. You have complete visibility into every step of the process.
Payment for Services
Because all of the activity is directed and tracked within Z1W, fees for warehouse services are computed from the actual activity performed. A complete audit trail exists so when it comes time to charge for services, all activity details are easily and automatically reconciled and an electronic invoice is created for your customer. The invoice appears in your customer’s Z1W portal (Branded with your company’s name). Your customers simply review and authorize the payment and the Z1W settlement system initiates payments to you using the customer’s selected payment method. Of course, all payment details are logged providing you with complete visibility of all activity as well.
- Z1W makes it simple and easy for your Product-Owner customers to do business with you.
- Z1W is an extension of your brand into your customers’ business processes.
- Your customers get what they want: control and visibility of their products inside your warehouses.
- Real-time monitoring of transactions as transactions move through the process.
- Automatic auditing of invoices for services, automatic settlement.
One platform for your customers
Your customers can choose other Zone1 warehouses in other areas of the world and include them in their view of their inventory. This means you get a first-mover advantage by introducing your customers to the Z1W platform. By sponsoring them as members, you get your brand with a link to your website displayed on key pages within the customer’s Z1W portal. Your brand is ever-present in their experience.
- Completely revolutionize how you do business.
- Provide your customers with the access and control over their inventory in your warehouses.
- Make it easy for your customers to do business with you.
- Improve your service to your customers.
- Create visibility, accountability.
- Greatly reduce business execution complexity.
- Onboard new customers quickly.
- Add scan guns.
- Create more loyal customers.
- Give your customers more control.
- Auditability easy tracking.
- Not simply a tool, but an extension of your own brand.
- Get paid automatically through the Z1W settlement platform.
Give your storage customers what they want
- Reduced complexity.
- Visibility and control over their products.
- Real-time access to information.
- Eliminate most paperwork.
New Customers are Looking for you
- The Z1W site contains a database of Product Owners needing warehouse services.
- Easy to sign-up new customers and get started.